Thursday, January 21, 2010

El Dorado to Louis Vuitton

Hotel El Dorado in Paris is in the seedy entertainment district and it’s a low budget hidden gem. Colourful, eclectic and bohemian with a great little bistro attached for late night drinks or breaky.

I turned up to my first Parisian fashion catwalk experience much less chic than I expected. No shower, sleep or real food…but the messy hair, thrown together look is very French. Right?

So “Bleisure” (coined by Jacob at The Future Laboratory a year ago) a mix of business and leisure was quoted as Mark Jacobs inspiration for the show. I am so excited. MJ achieved the bleisure look seamlessly for Autumn/ Winter 2010. So well that it feels natural. Yes, men should totally wear stylish sweatpants to the office.


So back to the show. The impressionist painting prints on the LV bag were new.  I'm sensing an intellectual/ philosopher /poetry revival so the reference to classic painting was perfect. Oh and there was a classical music soundtrack. Bottega Venetta (photo left via style.com) had a few looks that worked for this trend...baggy cord trousers with turtlenecks. Philosophers don’t change their clothes very often. They have more important things on their minds. Oh the frivolity of fashion.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds thrilling! I can feel the energy in the room. Wish I were there - and could dress my husband like these guys - wow!

    ReplyDelete